Home > Projekte, Remote File System > Remote File System for NetBeans 6.9.1

Remote File System for NetBeans 6.9.1

February 12th, 2011

A few months ago, I provided a patch for the Remote File System” plugin for NetBeans to make the FTP file system work with the current NetBeans version 6.9.1. The patch is available in the repository on Kenai, but till now there was no binary distribution. Several people asked me for that and so I created one: nb-remotefs-0.1.3

Plus, I fixed a bug today within the SFTP module so that SFTP and FTP are working both. Remotefs is still in an early stage and many features are still missing, but I recovered the basic functionality so that you can edit your remote files in NetBeans 6.9.1.

The initial developer has no time to maintain the project and I don’t have much time either. I don’t know if the missing features will ever be implemented. Maybe you can tell me what you are missing most and I will try to find some time to do it.

1. jordi
    February 15th, 2011 at 13:55 | #1

Hey Philip, i’m trying to download the plugin but the link doesn’t work. I’m excited whit this…

2. jordi
    February 15th, 2011 at 14:23 | #2

Ups, sometimes de blog send and invalid download: http://www.stoehrer.net/blog/en/2011/02/downloads/remotefs/nb-remotefs-0.1.3.zip.

I could download and install de .zip file. It’s retrive my remote directory listing but automatically Netbeans crash when scroll de Remote Fyle System panel or do any action like open a folder.

Really not crash at all… it’s make my netbeans very very slow… not responding.

I have a clean installation of netbeans 6.9.1 on windows vista (Intel Core Quad, 3gb ram)

3. February 15th, 2011 at 19:01 | #3

Yes, my blog was presenting the wrong link, if you clicked on the posting. It should work now.

Your problem with remotefs is a known issue:
    http://blog.hlavki.eu/2008/09/i-am-netbeans-fan-so-what.html (see comments by hexman)
    RemoteFS caches the subdirectories way too greedy.

Actually, I cannot reproduce this bug, as I don’t have a “really large FTP server” available. Maybe I can find a solution, but it could take some time.

4. jordi
    February 22nd, 2011 at 17:10 | #4

Thanks for the work ;)

5. Dazi
    March 19th, 2011 at 18:58 | #5

Wahnsinn, vielen Dank !

6. April 11th, 2011 at 10:32 | #6

Thanks for this Plugin… but could you please explain (quick and dirty), how to install it? I’m a NetBeans-Newbie ;-)

7. April 22nd, 2011 at 18:16 | #7

@Rob:
    I already explained the installation in a ‘quick and dirty way’ on the project’s wiki:
    I hope it helps.